Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Garden treasures



I was eyeing these plant a couple of weeks now and last Saturday I finally had a chance to take some of them home. They are flourishing in a vacant lot a block away from our home. I took pity on them because the lot became a garbage site and they are slowly creeping towards these lovely plants.


But, what I didn't know was my childhood friend have move their home in the adjacent lot. When she saw me rescuing the plants, she got so interested she pulled some too. She invited me over and look what I got.. :)

another variety of aglonema..


I'm still researching what these are, but I think the yellow and green one is a medicinal plant.


We call this one alusiman a.k.a. purslane. I don't know if this is edible because from what I know purslanes make great salads.


This is a white variety of my unknown violet plant and I'm so excited to see it bloom and multiply!


This is a shrimp plant 


I also got another cultivar of  Dracaena sanderiana popularly known as lucky bamboo.



Do you happen to know the name of this beautiful thing?


I also got an pale orange hibiscus cultivar


 all in all these are what I've got..



I still can't believe my luck! Free plants and a friendship renewed! :) Hope you're having a great day.. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty white violet! And I figured out the following thing, I was looking at the wrong thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane! Thanks for following.. Sorry my blog is all messy and I am still figuring out how to add gadgets and stuff. :)

    Thanks for telling me that it is a white violet. I have problems naming plants.. haha

    ReplyDelete